“This award is bestowed upon a fellow blogger whose blog’s content or design is, in the giver’s opinion, brilliant.When accepting this auspicious award, you must write a post bragging about it, including the name of the misguided soul who thinks you deserve such acclaim, and link back to the said person so everyone knows she/he is real. Choose a minimum of seven (7) blogs that you find brilliant in content or design. Or improvise by including bloggers who have no idea who you are because you don’t have seven friends. Show the seven random victims’ names and links and leave a harassing comment informing them that they were prized with Honest Weblog. Well, there’s no prize, but they can keep the nifty icon. List at least ten (10) honest things about yourself. Then pass it on!”
SK thinks this blog is brilliant. Which is probably the only logical thought he's ever had in his brain.
This blog is read by my family and there's only so much you can tell without bringing the roof down. So kindly excuse the sanitization.
1. I react very physically every time I get pissed off. So when I'm dragged out for a wedding or painful family occasion, I get a terrible headache. I also turn red and appear distinctly diseased. My mum thinks these symptoms are well within my control. But the truth is that they are NOT.
2. I'm damn proud of my nose-ring and it's the only piece of jewelery I like wearing. It's also the only piece of jewelery I've ever actively purchased.
3. I judge people by their grammar, spelling, and syntax. I mentally correct people's sentences as they make them. I get highly irritated when people say 'revert back'.
4. I can cry very easily. I can take a situation and build it to such an extent in my head that I can easily cry about it. But I know I'm only fake-crying. I do this when I'm alone, so it's not an attention-grabbing activity. I think it's called pathos.
5. The only thing that truly makes me happy is writing. If I write something I like, I get high. I feel like an effervescent chemical reaction.
6. I like reading trivia about animals. Did you know that an oyster changes its sex several times in one lifetime?
7. I can re-read books repeatedly. As in, I can finish a book and then start reading it again that very moment. I don't know why I do that, but I do. At one point, I was ceaselessly reading Franny and Zooey.
8. I can't stand religious fanatics. Or casteist fanatics. I get extremely angry about it.
9. I write songs for people I like. The one that's been set to tune is called Under the sun of your smile and I hum it a lot. I wish I could have been best friends with the Beatles.
10. I'm the most impatient person I know. I'm so impatient, it amuses me.
11. I'm worried about tagging people. What if they don't want to do it?
Anyone who wants to take this up voluntarily. I think all of you are brilliant!
With that political statement, I shall say my byes.
It takes balls
5 hours ago